It has been a great start to the year for the Kind Wealth team and I hope this is the sign of good things to come throughout 2017.
The year has started with Sarah Seeley completing her level 4 diploma which will mean she will join me, Marco and Wayne in providing Investment, Pension and Protection solutions to our new and existing clients – Huge congratulations Sarah, from myself and the rest of the Kind Group.
Wayne joining the team last year has proven to be a perfect fit and he has been a great asset helping me with the increased number of enquiries we are getting on a weekly basis.
Andrew has been working hard to build his professional connections and is enjoying the networking circuit of Birmingham. Andy has been keen to focus more attention on Business Protection providing solutions that will help reduce the risk within a company.
Marco is still working hard on the up and coming auto-enrolment schemes we have in the pipeline and focussing heavily on pension options for our existing clients.
The recent weeks have been taken up having great discussions with our clients how the spring budget announcement may affect them. The main topics of conversation have centred around
- The changes to the dividend allowance being reduced from £5,000 to £2,000 in April 2018 and what this means to business owners.
- How the increase in National Insurance Contributions will affect our Self Employed clients
- The Lifetime ISA, what this is and how it may be of benefit for the higher and additional rate taxpayers who would like to add to their pension pots
Other areas of discussion that are popular amongst our clients this quarter include
- Helping to reduce Corporate Tax by contributing into a Pension
- How to tax efficiently access your pension if you need to
- Many discussions around Defined Benefit Schemes and whether they are still appropriate for some clients
- Critical Illness Policies and taking a diversified approach when looking at alternative options
- Private Medical Insurance has been a hot topic this last quarter, with a number of business owners looking to add this as an employee benefit
These are interesting times again within our industry and we are constantly striving to keep our clients up to date with the most relevant and important news. To help us deliver this to our clients we are introducing some changes to our service proposition. From April 2017, Kind Wealth’s clients will have the option to include a Quarterly Newsletter focusing on updates in the Pensions and Investment arena as well as a Monthly Economic Update as part of their service proposition.
To get us started for a great next quarter, Andrew has confirmed he will be competing in the Yorkshire Peak Challenge in April alongside our fellow colleagues throughout the Kind Group. With Andrews sheer determination and his past performance completing the mud run last year, I know he won’t need any luck in completing these challenges!